Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ge...@gta-travel.com on 2007/09/11 16:54:56 UTC

Logformat for mod_jk logs

Hi
Does anyone know if the script tomcat_trend.pl requires a specific
JkRequestLogFormat string.

Doing a search through the list archives on my local machine I found the
following two settings being used:
JkRequestLogFormat "%b %w %V %T %r"
JkRequestLogFormat "%w %V %T"

But I am not sure what this script that comes with mod_jk actually
requires.

Regards

Re: Logformat for mod_jk logs

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
The script is not really maintained.
All you can log via JkRequestLog, you can nowadays (for Apache) also log
using the so called notes table (and even more then with JkRequestLog).
In the access log I think it's nicer, because it gets combined with the
other request logging info.

Search for mod_log_config in page

http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/apache.html

I think it will be better to analyze an enhanced access log.
Unfortunately there's no out of the box script for this (related to the
JK info added to the access log), but the old reporting scripts in the
JK distro are most likely outdated too.

Regards,

Rainer

Gerhardus.Geldenhuis@gta-travel.com wrote:
> Hi
>
> Using the format:
> JkRequestLogFormat "%w %V %U %s %T %B %H %m"
>
> I still only get empty graphs. Granted I have only run it for one day. I
> am currently running it on a demo system with fairly high load and will
> do some analysis after the weekend.
>
> It is just frustrating to not know what format the script is expecting
> and trying to debug over days.
>
> Unfortunatel my perl knowledge is low otherwise I would have tried to
> seem from the code.
>
> The author of the scripts has not put his contact details in the
> header...
>
> Regards

RE: Logformat for mod_jk logs

Posted by Ge...@gta-travel.com.