Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org> on 2021/12/10 12:06:48 UTC

Re: HTTPS support for Guacamole

On Thu, Dec 9, 2021 at 10:20 PM Manoj Patil <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear,
>
> We implement the Guacamole with XRDP on centos 7.5 with HTTPS please
> confirm the guacamole run over tomcat with  https smoothly .

Yes, Guacamole works fine over HTTPS - this is the recommended
configuration. I use it over HTTPS on a regular basis.

> In my case I not used NGINX i am use  tomcat with HTTPS certificate. But I
> see I saw a “network connection is unstable message” in my WAN environment
> so I request to guide us

I would recommend using HTTPS with Nginx or Apache httpd and not doing it
directly in Tomcat. It's generally easier to configure and easier to secure
(no requirement for root access, etc.). The instances of Guacamole that I
use on a daily basis are used with Nginx. As far as the "Network Connection
is Unstable" message that you receive in this configuration, that indicates
some misconfiguration or resource constraint. Nginx is perfectly capable of
handling this, and there's nothing in Guacamole that would cause this
configuration to fail.

That said, if you have it working with HTTPS configured in Tomcat, and that
is working in your environment, then that is probably fine - so long as
Tomcat is not running as root.

-Nick

Re: HTTPS support for Guacamole

Posted by Manoj Patil <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hello, please update on below doubt

Posted by Nick Couchman <ni...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Dec 18, 2021 at 3:56 AM Manoj Patil <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks,
>
> I will do the setup of Nginx .but I am not too much aware of Nginx so
> kindly help me to configured the Nginx to access the guacamole on web
> through https.

For configuring SSL/TLS (HTTPS) with Nginx, there are plenty of online
references that you can find. For proxying Guacamole through Nginx
correctly, please see the manual:

https://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/proxying-guacamole.html#nginx

-Nick

Re: HTTPS support for Guacamole

Posted by Manoj Patil <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks,

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.

Posted by Manoj Patil <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Nick.

I have one another doubt is when I am using a nginx that time I am stop the tomcat which is installed automatically when installed guacamole.

I have install the setup guacamole 1.0+tomcat 8 +xrdp in one machine and this machine is accessible over WAN . But in a day a “Unstable network “ message is flash and disconnect a connection .

This setup is accessible at client side  and those network are  good but in client side have 10 machines and the “unstable network message “ is not flash all the machine it flash randomly in machines.

I am test same setup of new server at my side for  another client which is another  state those have also  issue.

From 2 days  I do a one of  setup Xrdp+centos 7 + tomcat 8 , this setup I am accessible through MSTSC web  HTML page at same client side and there is no issue of disconnect the server in whole day. From last 2 days this running fine .

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.

Posted by Manoj Patil <ma...@gmail.com>.