Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Alan McDonald <al...@meta.com.au> on 2006/06/13 07:43:38 UTC

Strip .svn info

I have a working copy of a repo.
I want to create a new one on the server (easy), then check it out again
over the old working copy.
(I have changed my global ignore settings and want to start again)
I assume I need to delete all the .svn folders and contents from the working
copy though
What's the easiest way to strip the svn stuff out of my working copy or
perhaps another way to achieve this?
thanks
 Alan McDonald

Re: Strip .svn info

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Jun 13, 2006, at 09:43, Alan McDonald wrote:

> I have a working copy of a repo.
> I want to create a new one on the server (easy), then check it out
> again
> over the old working copy.
> (I have changed my global ignore settings and want to start again)
> I assume I need to delete all the .svn folders and contents from
> the working
> copy though
> What's the easiest way to strip the svn stuff out of my working
> copy or
> perhaps another way to achieve this?

I'm not entirely sure what all you're getting at, but the command
you're looking for is "svn export":

svn export /path/to/workingcopy /path/to/export

where /path/to/export will be created, and will be a copy of
everything in /path/to/workingcopy except the .svn directories and
their contents.