Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr> on 2018/03/11 17:12:13 UTC

Maven site menu rework

Hi,

As you may have noticed, I reworked the Maven site's menu quite a lot to
improve users navigation (without changing any content: just menu).

For example:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-using-modello.html

I also simplified first menu under a "Use" umbrella
http://maven.apache.org/users/index.html

And added "Download" and "Get Sources" link on top bar of each page.
I think these links could be improved through having nice icons, but I could
not do it myself...

Then there is INFRA-16088 Jira issue to build and deploy the main site from
Jenkins instead of CMS, which will prepare site source migration to Git: the
edit button that links to GitHub will then really be the way for users to
propose modifications.

Is there any other idea?
Does anybody find other menu improvements, to better organize links to some
documentations that are currently too hard to find?

Regards,

Hervé

Re: Maven site menu rework

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
I'm happy you like it: every feature was there, it was just waiting to be used

There are probably missing documents in the tree, don't hesitate to classify
missing ones

Regards,

Hervé

Re: Maven site menu rework

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi Hervé,

Re: Maven site menu rework

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
this feature is expected to be already available: see target attribute in menu item [1]

Please check and confirm it works with the skin you're using (since I suppose some skins may not implement the feature)

Regards,

Hervé

[1] http://maven.apache.org/doxia/doxia-sitetools/doxia-decoration-model/decoration.html#class_item

Re: Maven site menu rework