Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Peter Karich <pe...@yahoo.de> on 2010/06/11 22:06:25 UTC

MoreLikeThis and dynamicField

Hi,

it seems to me that the MoreLikeThis component doesn't work for dynamic
fields. Is that correct?
And it also doesn't work for fields which are indexed but not stored,
right? e.g. 'text' where dynamic fields could be copied to.

Or did I create an incorrect example?

Regards,
Peter.

--
http://karussell.wordpress.com/

Re: MoreLikeThis and dynamicField

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
MLT needs term vectors. You may either store the term vectors while
indexing, or store the text so that the MLT handler can pull it and
analyze it. (Highlighting has the same problem.)

I don't know if you still need the stored text with term vectors in
the index, but storing neither will definitely not work.

On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 1:37 AM, Peter Karich <pe...@yahoo.de> wrote:
> Hi Lance,
>
>> You cannot give it a wildcard to go find dynamic fields;
>
> ah, ok. But it would be nice to use wildcards.
> You correctly guessed that I meant the wildcard querying. The
> dynamicField definition is not the problem ... So one can define
> <dynamicField name="*_t" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true"/> and
> then the query via myfield_t would work.
> The termVectors is only for performance reasons, I think (it worked
> without this attribute).
>
> Now, regarding "stored" or "not-stored": mlt worked for me if I did:
> <field name="myfield" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
>
> But not if I do
> <field name="myfield" type="text" indexed="true" stored="false"/>
>
> Or do I need to configure the field in a different way?
>
> Regards,
> Peter.
>
>> MoreLikeThis works on any field you can name. You cannot give it a
>> wildcard to go find dynamic fields; no query feature can do this
>> (would be handy!).
>>
>> The field must have term vectors configured. In the
>> solr/example/solr/conf schema, the 'includes' field has this set and
>> you can do MLT on that. Try 'usb' as a search term for the electronics
>> store example in solr/example/solr.
>>
>> I don't know if the needs to be stored. Also, whether it can work on
>> terms in a multi-valued field. You'll have to reconfigure the 'text'
>> copyField target to have term vectors.
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 1:06 PM, Peter Karich <pe...@yahoo.de> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> it seems to me that the MoreLikeThis component doesn't work for dynamic
>>> fields. Is that correct?
>>> And it also doesn't work for fields which are indexed but not stored,
>>> right? e.g. 'text' where dynamic fields could be copied to.
>>>
>>> Or did I create an incorrect example?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Peter.
>>>
>>> --