Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Árni Arent <ar...@siminn.is> on 2007/01/03 16:28:32 UTC

URL encoding

Hi,

My webdav client (using slide) is trying to connect to a URL that is
something like this:
http://myhost.com/users/john@myhost.com/images

The path being "/users/john@myhost.com/images"

The '@' character is causing errors. Appearently, the webdav server does
not like how it's encoded... but the client library converts this
character into '%2540'... before the http request is sent. I sniffed the
packets using ethereal, and discovered that using another webdav client
the server accepts '@' encoded as '%40'.

I tried to replace the '@' with '%40' in the path (hardcoded hack test),
but then the slide client lib converts it into '%252540'. Seems like
it's encoding the '%' character.

Isn't there a way to control how the slide library encodes this?

I noticed a deprecated setEncodeURLs(boolean) method in WebdavResource,
I tried it but it did nothing.

My error is: Got status code 409, on propfind using
"/users/john%2540myhost.com/images"
Needs to be: "/users/john%40myhost.com/images"

--
Kveðjur

Árni Arent
arniag@siminn.is