Posted to gsoc@community.apache.org by Priya Sharma <pr...@gmail.com> on 2024/01/25 07:23:56 UTC

[Important] GSoC 2024 Project Ideas

Hello PMCs,

Google Summer of Code is the ideal opportunity for you to attract new
contributors to your projects and GSoC 2024 is here.

The ASF will be applying as a participating organization for GSoC 2024.
As a part of the application we need you all to *mandatorily* start
recording your ideas now [1] latest by 3rd Feb.

There is slight change in the rules this year, just reiterating here:
- For the 2024 program, there will be three options for project scope:
medium at ~175 hours, large at ~350 hours and a new size: small at ~90
hours.
  Please add "*full-time*" label to the JIRA for 350 hour project ,
"*part-time*" label for 175 hours project and “*small*” for a 90 hour
project.

Note: They are looking to bring more open source projects in the AI/ML
field into GSoC 2024, so we encourage more projects from this domain
to participate.

If you are a new mentor or your project is participating for the first
time, please read [2][3].

On behalf of the GSoC 2024 admins,

[1] https://s.apache.org/gsoc2024ideas
[2] https://community.apache.org/gsoc.html
[3] https://community.apache.org/guide-to-being-a-mentor.html

Re: [Important] GSoC 2024 Project Ideas

Posted by Priya Sharma <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hello All,

This is a gentle reminder to kindly add your ideas at the earliest.
(You can keep refining them later)
So far there are only 8 ideas on the list [1], we generally apply with
a larger number every year.

Also if you consider any of the open ideas from GSoC'23 worthy to-be
included again please update the label ('gsoc2024') on it.

Please feel free to pass-on this message to your fellow communities.
Looking forward to your support.

--
Best Regards,
Org Admins

Re: [Important] GSoC 2024 Project Ideas

Posted by Priya Sharma <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hello All,

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, 31 Jan 2024 at 16:24, seba.wagner@gmail.com <se...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've tried added this Project Idea to the Gsoc list:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENMEETINGS-2782
>
> I think it is a nice little project, there is a lot a student can learn as
> well as adding new features to OpenMeetings around blurring backgrounds or
> adding customer background images for users. It also uses AI/ML as
> https://www.tensorflow.org/ is a pre-trained AI/ML Model packaged into
> Javascript.
>
> The Tensorflow TJFS models are Apache 2.0 libraries:
> https://github.com/tensorflow/tfjs-models/blob/master/LICENSE so should
> be possible to integration into OpenMeetings.
>
> I hope I applies the labels correctly and it will show up into:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COMDEV/GSoC+2024+Ideas+list

Ideas list is updated :)

> Let me know if you have any questions on this project idea for
> OpenMeetings.
>
> Thanks!
> Seb
>
> Sebastian Wagner
> Director Arrakeen Solutions, OM-Hosting.com
> http://arrakeen-solutions.co.nz/
> https://om-hosting.com - Cloud & Server Hosting for HTML5
> Video-Conferencing OpenMeetings
>
> <https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/da4e8828-743d-4968-af6f-49033f10d60a/public_url>
> <https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/b7e709c6-aa87-4b02-9faf-099038475e36/public_url>

Maxim

Re: [Important] GSoC 2024 Project Ideas

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
-1 one for grammar and typo, late night here :)

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.

Fwd: [Important] GSoC 2024 Project Ideas

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Committers

The GSoC 2024 is starting. If you want to be a mentor for that and
help new students, please follow the docs and prepare your tasks.

Sheng Wu 吴晟
Twitter, wusheng1108

Posted by Calvin Kirs <ki...@apache.org>.
Hi Committers

[...]