Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by John Tolentino <jt...@apache.org> on 2006/11/27 21:17:43 UTC

Planning a release of Maven War Plugin

Hi Everyone,

It's been a while since we've done a release of the maven-war-plugin
and there are a number of issues that have been resolved for this
version:

    *  [MWAR-63] Online available docu (corresponds to 2.0.2) is not
in sync with released version 2.0.1 on ibiblio

    * [MWAR-48] review plugin documentation

    * [MWAR-54] add targetPath support on the webResources plugin parameter

    * [MWAR-55] Overlay war can overwrite main project web.xml

    * [MWAR-57] Unable to add custom manifest entries to war file via
the pom.xml

    * [MWAR-58] consider the artifact classifier when checking for
duplicated artifacts

    * [MWAR-59] artifact extension set incorrectly in a multi-module build

    * [MWAR-60] Source Excludes are being applied to WAR file

    * [MWAR-61] Document how to set manifest classpath and exclude
dependency from WEB-INF/lib

    * [MWAR-67] webResource filtering needs filter

    * [MWAR-85] FAQ documentation

Only two issues are open that are scheduled for the 2.0.2 release. (1)
MWAR-63 is related to documentation which will be resolved when we do
a release. (2) There isn't any recent activity or easy fix for MWAR-60
so I suggest we reschedule this for a later release.

The current dev version builds and passes unit tests as well as the
docck plugin. I'll do a deploy of the latest version so everyone could
test it then I'll ask for a vote.

Thanks,
John

Re: Planning a release of Maven War Plugin

Posted by Mark Reynolds <ma...@gmail.com>.
NM, you just did it!

Posted by Mark Reynolds <ma...@gmail.com>.