Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Amisha Popat <am...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/01 22:07:28 UTC

Regarding XML Schema on Linux

Hi,
I have an xml for which I have written the XSD. The validation code is my
servlet. My XML is not able to locate my XSD. They both are in the same
directory.
The servlet contains the method name validateCurrenciesXML which contains
the validation code.
The app server is weblogic. My classpath contains xerces.jar. JDK version is
j2sdk1.4.2_13

Please find attached all the requried files.

Please help

Thanks & Regards,

Amisha

Re: Regarding XML Schema on Linux

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
Look into using an EntityResolver [1].  Your schemaLocation points to a URL that
doesn't resolve.  You need to map that URL to a local resource.  That's what the
EntityResolver is for.

[1] http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/org/xml/sax/EntityResolver.html

Jake

Posted by Amanda Abbey <a....@themunicenter.com>.
One problem I see, although the code is commented out:

http://apache.org/xml/properties/external-NamespaceScemaLocation
<http://apache.org/xml/properties/external-NamespaceScemaLocation>  has
a spelling error. Should be "SchemaLocation" when setting the property
of your reader factory.

Amanda