Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jeremy Nix <Je...@sfsltd.com> on 2003/04/09 19:18:40 UTC

Tomcat 4.1.x + Apache configuration for load balancing/failover

I'm currently maintaining a web site that is being served by Tomcat
4.1.18.  We have a goal of creating a failover/load-balanced environment
for numerous reasons.  In light of this, I've read that Apache can
provide Tomcat with the ability to share sessions between instances.
Now, this could be an invalid statement, but that was what 1 article I
read seemed to suggest.  Are there any other articles/suggestions that I
should consider when creating this environment?

Is it useful to include Apache in the configuration?  I say this because
Tomcat can currently serve up all of the document types that I am
supporting.

Jeremy Nix
Senior Application Developer
Southwest Financial Ltd.