Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Walther Benjamin (KBOD 21)" <be...@credit-suisse.com> on 2004/10/25 14:49:27 UTC

svn:keywords expansion not working on Windows

hi, and sorry for the crosspost...

Running Subversion 1.1.0 on Windows Server 2003 keyword expansion does not work for some reasons.

I do not get an error but keyword $Id$ just does not get substituted. Clients use Windows XP. Setting the property on  individual file keyword  expansion works.

I tried to alter the user profile config where subversion was installed under and the all users subversion config - no success. Also tried with and without svn:eol-style
*java = svn:keywords=Id
and
*java = svn:keywords=Îd;svn:eol-style=CRLF

Under the application data for all users I have my subversion directory with the  config file:

All Users\Application Data\Subversion\config

with the following content:

### Section for configuring miscelleneous Subversion options.
[miscellany]
enable-auto-props = yes

### Section for configuring automatic properties.
[auto-props]
*.java = svn:keywords=Id;svn:eol-style=CRLF
*.conf=svn:keywords=Id;svn:eol-style=CRLF

Any ideas what the problem could be?

Re: svn:keywords expansion not working on Windows

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.

CC'ing back to users@

> Running Subversion 1.1.0 on Windows Server 2003 keyword expansion does
> not work for some reasons.
>
> I do not get an error but keyword $Id$ just does not get substituted.
> Clients use Windows XP. Setting the property on  individual file
> keyword  expansion works.

So it *does* work, when you set the property.

> I tried to alter the user profile config where subversion was
> installed under and the all users subversion config - no success. Also
> tried with and without svn:eol-style
> *java = svn:keywords=Id
> and
> *java = svn:keywords=Îd;svn:eol-style=CRLF
>
> Under the application data for all users I have my subversion
> directory with the  config file:
>
> All Users\Application Data\Subversion\config
>
> with the following content:
>
> ### Section for configuring miscelleneous Subversion options.
> [miscellany]
> enable-auto-props = yes
>
> ### Section for configuring automatic properties.
> [auto-props]
> *.java = svn:keywords=Id;svn:eol-style=CRLF
> *.conf=svn:keywords=Id;svn:eol-style=CRLF
>

> Any ideas what the problem could be?

Do you understand that the auto-props feature only alters the behavior
of 'svn add' and 'svn import'?  It doesn't retroactively add properties
to files already under version control.  It just sets them when you
*first* add them to version control.

Re: Help please newbie question :-(

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
Michal Ziv wrote:
> hi,
> installed new subversion 1.1.1 from source as root on linux RH AS3.
> ./configure
> make
> make install
>
> changed to user svnadmin
> and tried to create fsfs repository on nfs directory
> with this command:
> svnadmin create --fs-type fsfs /mountpoint/repository
>
> didn't finish for a long time(more then a minute)
>
> killed proccess because seemed it finished but when tried to import to
> repository got this error svn:
> Can't open file '/netapp_mysql/svnrepository/db/uuid': No such file or
> directory
>
> can anyone please say what i did wrong?

It wasn't done creating the repository, it was hung waiting for
/dev/random to return some random data to be used in creating the UUID
for the repos.  You can probably get it to complete by hiting lots of
keys on the keyboard while svnadmin create is hung (no, I'm not kidding,
that'll give /dev/random a chance to grab some entropy from the keyboard
driver).

-garrett

Help please newbie question :-(