Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jonas Eriksson <jo...@webkonsulterna.com> on 2002/07/02 17:29:36 UTC

Unable to find process with matching uid/gid perchild

Hi.

I have compiled apache2  with perchild.

When i try to start the server i get this error "Unable to find process
with matching uid/gid"
I do not know what to do The logfiles does not tell me anything that i
can use to figure it out.
There is a user in passwd that joe and he owns the www-dir with write
access.
Hi has read access to /home/

my httpd.conf looks like this.

<VirtualHost www.xxxxx.se>
    AssignUserID joe dowe
    ServerAdmin hostmaster@webkonsulterna.com
    DocumentRoot /home/www/
    ServerName xxxxx.se
    ErrorLog /home/error-www.log
    TransferLog /home/access-www.log
    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/www/cgi-bin/
    php_admin_value safe_mode 1
    php_admin_value open_basedir /home/www/
</VirtualHost>

os linux debian
apache2.0.39
php4-200206241500

./configure --enable-ssl=shared --enable-so
--prefix=/usr/local/apache2.0.39 --with-mpm=perchild

RE: Unable to find process with matching uid/gid perchild

Posted by Ryan Bloom <rb...@covalent.net>.
I am hoping to have a working version of the code sometime this week,
but it all depends on how much time I have.  Just keep an eye on the
developers mailing list, that is where the announcement that it is
working will come.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom                  rbb@covalent.net
645 Howard St.              rbb@apache.org