Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by John Le Brasseur <jo...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/08 10:21:33 UTC

Latest Major Windows Update Creators...???)

Hi
I know you don't like hearing from me but I received a notification on my
Windows 10 machine to update to Creators.... something.
I followed the links and did that.
Takes hours.
Upon restarting CouchDB 2.0.0.1 does not start up properly.
When checking services, it shows the status as paused.

If I activate resume or run or stop it and run the service I get a message
'Windows could not start(or resume) the Apache CouchDB service ...'  (No
error number.)

I uninstalled completely, restarted the Windows machine, reinstalled, but
the same result.

CouchDB 1.6.1 is fine.

Attached screen copies.

CouchDB 2.0.0.1 was running fine until the update.

John

Re: Latest Major Windows Update Creators...???)

Posted by Joan Touzet <wo...@apache.org>.
Bug has been filed and will be addressed soon.

-Joan

I encountered this problem as well. This seems to be a permissions issue. I tried changing the permissions and managed to get CouchDB 2 to start when I type the command, but when I close the shell it stops. I can’t get the service running. It also shows “paused” for me.

Posted by Chris Andrews <ch...@gmail.com>.