Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Sachdeva, Shipra" <sa...@msx.umsl.edu> on 2002/09/17 18:39:43 UTC

Lists and Tables

hello everyone,

I am trying to create a form in pdf format in the following way:-

1. Name                                                                                                                      2. SSN

    ___________________________________________________________________             _____________________________________
    Family or Surname                       First                    Middle                  Maiden

3. Permanent Address and Telephone

   ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
   Number & Street                                                                  Apt No.                                                               City

   ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
   State                                        Postal Code                                          Country                             Telephone Number

..
..
..
..
..
..

i am wondering what would be the best possible way to design do i have to use tables?Or is it possible to create this thru lists?or maybe i could use lists within the table cell and lists are supported under tables?

Please help.thanks in advance

Shipra Sachdeva
Information Technology Services
429 CCB
Ph No.314-513-7322

Re: Lists and Tables

Posted by John Gentilin <ge...@eyecatching.com>.
Due to the non symmetrical layout of the form, I would just layout every
thing in <fo:block>
statements where Name / SSN is one block and Family....Maiden is
another.  If you could
move the SSN to a separate line, then you could avoid a calculation on
how to
break the leader and align it with SSN. Then all leaders could just be
width="100%"

If you went the way of tables then use a smaller column size and use the
columns-spanned
attribute to push things around..

John G