Posted to user@struts.apache.org by forums sj <fo...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/03 10:52:52 UTC

Building REST support in existing Struts 1.x app

Hello,

     I have an application written in Struts 1.x. It uses SOAP for
communication with the client app. Now I want to replace SOAP with REST and
was investigating the REST plugin of struts. I see that the struts REST
plugin can be used with only Struts 2.x. So now my question is can I use
struts 2 with my existing application only for the REST part or do I need
to migrate my entire application to Struts 2 before I can implement REST?
Also would it be practical to use other REST frameworks such as Jersey or
RESTlet with my current Struts 1.x application rather than going for Struts
2 with Rest plugin?

Best Regards,
SJ

Re: Building REST support in existing Struts 1.x app

Posted by Johannes Geppert <jo...@apache.org>.
I think you can migrate your existing Application to Struts2. Your existing
Struts1 Actions can run side by side with the new Struts2 Actions.

http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/struts-1-plugin.html

Johannes

-----
web: http://www.jgeppert.com