Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by "j.Pardos" <j....@estructure.es> on 2016/04/28 13:28:43 UTC

Storing numeric fields in Apache 6

Hello all,

I need to index some numeric fields, search with numeric range queries, and store the data to retrieve it afterwards.
If I understand correctly, the recommended way to do this in Lucene 6 is with the DoublePoint/LongPoint/XxxPoint field types. I have already implemented this, extending QueryParser for the numeric range queries, but I can't find a way to store the data.

For example, for double values, I'm doing:
doc.add(new DoublePoint(name, Double.parseDouble(value)));

DoublePoint doesn't have a "stored" argument in its constructor (as does, for example, StringField), or a property to specify it afterwards.

What's the "right" way to do this?