Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by David Fertig <Da...@navihealth.com> on 2018/02/12 16:22:27 UTC

Some merged PDF documents open to pages other than first page.

I've been merging a lot of pdfs in various orders.  I have one PDF in particular that where-ever I put it in the merge order, when that combined PDF is opened, it always goes to the first page of that special document.  So if I merge a 3, 3, 2, 1, and the 2-pager is the magic document, that pdf is always opened to page 7 (first page of 2 pager).   Any thoughts?
Thank you in advance,
Dave

[cid:image001.png@01D326FE.E40DBA90]<http://navihealth.us/>

David Fertig
Principal Software Engineer
O: 617.420.1483
M: 508.353.4348
F: 617.988.8530

This email, including attachments, may contain information that is privileged, confidential or is exempt from disclosure under applicable law (including, but not limited to, protected health information). It is not intended for transmission to, or receipt by, any unauthorized persons. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you believe this email was sent to you in error, do not read it. Please notify the sender immediately informing them of the error and delete all copies and attachments of the message from your system. Thank you.

Re: Some merged PDF documents open to pages other than first page.

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Am 12.02.2018 um 21:21 schrieb David Fertig:
> I can see that the open page action when from 1 to like 13 so setting the openAction to null seems to resolve my issue.
>
> How can I use PDPageDestination to reset it to 1 manually instead of just removing the action entirely?  (Is that guaranteed to open to page 1?)

To set it to page 1 you'd need to first get that page
(document.getPage(0)) and then

PDPageDestination dest = PDPageFitDestination();
dest.setPage(page); // must be a PDPage, not a number!
PDActionGoTo action = new PDActionGoTo();
action.setDestination(dest);
document.getDocumentCatalog().setOpenAction(action);

Tilman

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.