Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com> on 2002/02/13 23:03:31 UTC

Most read pages (WAS RE: setURL question)

According the web stats (see http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/stats),
the 10 most read pages are

February 2002 (up to yesterday) :

2

8026

6.72%

66774

1.16%

/cactus/ <http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/>

3

2142

1.79%

30457

0.53%

/cactus/faq.html <http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/faq.html>

4

2020

1.69%

23063

0.40%

/cactus/howto_httpunit.html
<http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/howto_httpunit.html>

5

1996

1.67%

39729

0.69%

/cactus/getting_started.html
<http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/getting_started.html>

6

1849

1.55%

11956

0.21%

/cactus/howto_ide.html <http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/howto_ide.html>

7

1846

1.54%

15455

0.27%

/cactus/downloads.html <http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/downloads.html>

8

1765

1.48%

2694

0.05%

/builds/jakarta-cactus/release/v1.2/
<http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-cactus/release/v1.2/>

9

1677

1.40%

26414

0.46%

/cactus/how_it_works.html
<http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/how_it_works.html>

10

1637

1.37%

1552

0.03%

/builds/jakarta-cactus/release/
<http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-cactus/release/>

11

1516

1.27%

16340

0.28%

/cactus/howto_ide_jbuilder5.html
<http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/howto_ide_jbuilder5.html>

January 2002 :

2

17146

7.95%

139906

1.11%

/cactus/ <http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/>

3

4393

2.04%

86301

0.69%

/cactus/getting_started.html
<http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/getting_started.html>

4

3945

1.83%

32736

0.26%

/cactus/downloads.html <http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/downloads.html>

5

3867

1.79%

61100

0.49%

/cactus/how_it_works.html
<http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/how_it_works.html>

6

3742

1.73%

10190

0.08%

/commons/cactus/ <http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/cactus/>

7

3586

1.66%

5474

0.04%

/builds/jakarta-cactus/release/v1.2/
<http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-cactus/release/v1.2/>

8

3433

1.59%

3252

0.03%

/builds/jakarta-cactus/release/
<http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-cactus/release/>

9

2729

1.26%

77646

0.62%

/cactus/howto_config.html
<http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/howto_config.html>

10

2520

1.17%

52329

0.42%

/cactus/howto_testcase.html
<http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/howto_testcase.html>

11

1652

0.77%

18291

0.15%

/cactus/howto_sample.html
<http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/howto_sample.html>

December 2001 :

2

20062

9.01%

162525

1.14%

/cactus/ <http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/>

3

3686

1.66%

30188

0.21%

/cactus/downloads.html <http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/downloads.html>

4

3617

1.62%

5521

0.04%

/builds/jakarta-cactus/release/v1.2/
<http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-cactus/release/v1.2/>

5

3591

1.61%

70668

0.50%

/cactus/getting_started.html
<http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/getting_started.html>

6

3472

1.56%

53940

0.38%

/cactus/how_it_works.html
<http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/how_it_works.html>

7

3396

1.53%

9217

0.06%

/commons/cactus/ <http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/cactus/>

8

3386

1.52%

3210

0.02%

/builds/jakarta-cactus/release/
<http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-cactus/release/>

9

2250

1.01%

63211

0.44%

/cactus/howto_config.html
<http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/howto_config.html>

10

2094

0.94%

42779

0.30%

/cactus/howto_testcase.html
<http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/howto_testcase.html>

11

1453

0.65%

15772

0.11%

/cactus/howto_sample.html
<http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/howto_sample.html>

November 2001 :

2

20805

9.34%

168752

1.31%

/cactus/ <http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/>

3

3839

1.72%

58860

0.46%

/cactus/how_it_works.html
<http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/how_it_works.html>

4

3833

1.72%

10513

0.08%

/commons/cactus/ <http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/cactus/>

5

3804

1.71%

5806

0.05%

/builds/jakarta-cactus/release/v1.2/
<http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-cactus/release/v1.2/>

6

3804

1.71%

74445

0.58%

/cactus/getting_started.html
<http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/getting_started.html>

7

3498

1.57%

28876

0.22%

/cactus/downloads.html <http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/downloads.html>

8

3313

1.49%

3139

0.02%

/builds/jakarta-cactus/release/
<http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-cactus/release/>

9

2449

1.10%

50017

0.39%

/cactus/howto_testcase.html
<http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/howto_testcase.html>

10

2367

1.06%

66659

0.52%

/cactus/howto_config.html
<http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/howto_config.html>

11

1385

0.62%

15592

0.12%

/cactus/features.html <http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/features.html>

* Thus, the good news is that users are stating to read the FAQ (or is
it someone hitting it all the time ;-) ). And thus we must absolutely
improve it ! Who wants to help ?

* Getting started is often read, which is good and it is the intent !

* It's good to know that users like to know how it works !
(how_it_works.html).

Any more analysis you can make from these stats (and from the others on
the web site) ?

Thanks

-Vincent

entry?

> "Warning: setURL will not affect the actual http request, which is
always

> determined by the Cactus.properties file."

> What do people think?

> Cheers,

> Nick

redirector.

> The setURL is simply there in case you're manipulating the request URL

> in your code under test and you're expecting some specific value.

> WRT to your sequence diagram (a nice one BTW, it would be good to put
it

> on the cactus web site if you're ok to donate it), here are some

> comments :

> 1/ If you're using JspTestCase, the corresponding Cactus redirector is

> implemented as a JSP Page (not a servlet although I agree a JSP is a

> servlet). Same, if you're using FilterTestCase, the corresponding
Cactus

> redirector is implemented as a Filter (not a servlet although a Filter

> can be viewed as a servlet).

> 2/ Step 3 and 4 are correct. Connection goes to the Redirector.

> 3/ Step 6 is not completely correct. The redirector does passes to
your

> test case class the implicit objects (some are wrapped, like the

> HttpServletRequest, some are not wrapped, like the
HttpServletResponse).

> But it has nothing to do with the client side WebRequest object.

> 4/ 8.1 is not correct. The loop is not done on the server side but on

> the client side by the JUnit Test Runner.

> 5/ Step 10 is not "send test results" but "request test result" (no

> plural, it is done test by test)

> 6/ Step 11 is not correct. The WebResponse object is created on the

> client side in step 5 (that is the WebResponse you get in

> endXXX(WebResponse))

> Cheers,

> -Vincent

that

> > would be

> > used to redirect the request on the server side.

> > However, it seems that I need to use a servlet that is invoked with

> the

> > wrapped

> > WebRequest to handle the redirection on the server side.

> > Am I getting closer?

> > Thanks,

> > Matt

> > Vincent Massol wrote:

> > > Matt,

> > > I'm not sure I understand correctly. Correct me if I'm wrong in my

> > > understanding of what you're trying to achieve.

> > > The WebRequest.setURL() is used to simulate a request to the

> specified

> > > URL. It does not connect to it. The cactus client side always
makes

> > > HTTP connection to the Cactus Redirector. However, the servlet

> implicit

> > > objects (request, config, context, etc) are wrapped to return the

> > > simulated URL when asked for it.

> > > Hope it helps.

> > > -Vincent

> > > Note: I've not looked yet in the file you've provided as I wanted

> get

> > > this clear before. I will it you tell me that this was also your

> > > understanding. Thanks.

been