Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Tim Dunphy <bl...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/29 19:53:16 UTC

cassandra gui

hey all,

 I have a new cassandra node that I've setup so that I can get better
acquainted with this technology. Thus far I've been using the
cassandra-cli and it'd been a fun experience so far. However I know
that there are a few cassandra gui's out there and I was just
wondering which ones you've used that you've had a good experience
with and can recommend?

 So far I've heard of (but not used) DataStax OpsCenter as well as the
Apollo gui and I think there may be others. Ideally what I'd like to
be able to do is both manage nodes and enter data into the keystores
using a graphical user interface.

Thanks
tim
--
GPG me!!

AW: cassandra gui

Posted by "Markus Wiesenbacher | Codefreun.de" <mw...@codefreun.de>.
Inside the webapp (f.g. webapps/apollo/WEB-INF/classes) you can find apollo.properties with the property max.number.row.keys and the default 100. Please try to change this to a higher integer. But as far as I can see it is not used for the columns …

Posted by "Markus Wiesenbacher | Codefreun.de" <mw...@codefreun.de>.
Let me check that ....

Re: cassandra gui

Posted by Mohit Anchlia <mo...@gmail.com>.

AW: cassandra gui

Re: cassandra gui

Posted by Mohit Anchlia <mo...@gmail.com>.

AW: cassandra gui

Re: cassandra gui

Posted by Tim Dunphy <bl...@gmail.com>.

Re: cassandra gui

Posted by Nick Bailey <ni...@datastax.com>.

Re: really bad select performance

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
Secondary indexes can generate a lot of random i/o.  iostat -x can
confirm if that's your problem.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra

Re: really bad select performance

Posted by David Leimbach <le...@gmail.com>.
But now when you set to 0 that index row will get very wide as it collects
everything completed.  You may want to consider deleting the indexed column
for completed rows when done.

Cassandra is not a great queue to use with built in indexes.  Yo cold write
your own index here and potentially do better.

Posted by Chris Hart <ch...@remilon.com>.

Posted by David Leimbach <le...@gmail.com>.

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.

Re: cassandra gui