Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/01 16:43:14 UTC

Synthetic ear + inplace?

Could someone describe on what the synthetic ear support provides?
Can it be used in conjunction with in place deployment for the ear
itself as well as child modules?  Or do the modules referenced in the
ear have to already exist in the repository?

I'm hoping there is a way to provide support for the first.  Where an
ear can be deployed and its child modules have not yet been deployed
AND they are not nested within the ear? If so how is this configured?

Thanks.

- sachin

Re: Synthetic ear + inplace?

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.
FYI If this can be made possible, (I think) I would be able to deploy
a WTP Ear project without ever generating an ear even for the initial
deploy.  Currently inPlaceDeployment used in conjunction with the
eclipse-config-store should get me support for deploying standalone
modules, but I would need some type of support below to be able to be
able to work with ear projects the same way.

- sachin