Posted to ojb-dev@db.apache.org by "Robert S. Sfeir" <ro...@codepuccino.com> on 2004/02/28 23:54:46 UTC

Should be RC6

I know as much as everyone wants to go 1.0, don't you think with all the
changes made in the last 3-4 days (some 355 files changed from my last
update from 2 weeks ago) that you ought to put out RC6, and not 1.0?
Some of the changes looked pretty major, even if they were bug fixes,
and you owe it to the users out there to take one more look at it before
you spit out 1.0.

JMHO.

I tried to do a full update just now, and tried to run all JUnit tests
and a few of the ODMG tests don't pass.  I'm not entirely sure what it
is yet, but it's in CollectionProxy tests.

Thanks for all the hard work!

Re: Should be RC6

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
Jakob Braeuchi <jbraeuchi <at> gmx.ch> writes:

> hi robert,
>
> i've done lots of minor changes detected by findbugs and added keyword
> expansion (-kkv) to a lot of files. imo we should deliver 1.0 pretty soon. yet
> another rc6  will only defer the problem of assembling 1.0 and we'll end up
> with rc7 etc. afaik there's also a 'licence deadline'...

AFAIK it's to late for the license deadline, since today all Apache projects
must be released with ASL 2.0.

Joerg

Re: Should be RC6

Posted by Jakob Braeuchi <jb...@gmx.ch>.
hi robert,

i've done lots of minor changes detected by findbugs and added keyword expansion
(-kkv) to a lot of files. imo we should deliver 1.0 pretty soon. yet another rc6
will only defer the problem of assembling 1.0 and we'll end up with rc7 etc.
afaik there's also a 'licence deadline'...

just my 0.02 chf
jakob