Posted to dev@abdera.apache.org by M Harris <md...@yahoo.com> on 2008/03/11 03:26:02 UTC

Problems with Client/Server Example

I am seeing a lot of errors in the examples and possibly the Abdera code itself.  It seems that the links for edit entry are not being returned correctly (links with two feed in the path instead of one, adding an edit link during update but not removing the previous one).

Is there a working example somewhere?

---------------------------------

Re: Problems with Client/Server Example

Posted by M Harris <md...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks, I"ll give this a try.

David Calavera <da...@gmail.com> wrote: Hi,

some days ago Remy Gendron sent a sample application to the users list, look
at the thread:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-abdera-user/200803.mbox/%3C6EB4C6A50DE34B0CAF5F0583BFAF6C24@ArrovaL001%3E

you can download the source code from here:

 http://arrova.ca/files/imdb.rar

cheers

--
David Calavera
http://www.thinkincode.net

---------------------------------

Re: Problems with Client/Server Example

Posted by David Calavera <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
David Calavera
http://www.thinkincode.net

Re: Problems with Client/Server Example

Posted by M Harris <md...@yahoo.com>.
I haven't been looking at it for the past week, but under examples it's one called server and one called client.  I changed any code of course to point to my server.  So, I put the server code to run in my tomcat and ran the client code to connect to that server to do the get, post, etc.

At first I kept getting ClassCastException (something about FOMExtensible Object).  After investigating I realized the links were not being resolved correctly.  For some reason I kept getting /feed/feed (twice) in the url instead of just one /feed.  I never touched this portion of the code.  I played with it a little and got it to work after the POST, but then the PUT did not work.  The server was adding a link to the entry to indicate a new ID of that entry, but not deleting the existing one.  When reading the entry to find the edit link , it would still find the original one.  I again had the same problems with /feed/feed (two times) in the URL.  I tried fixing this but then couldn't figure it out and gave up.

I thought to try the latest from the source repository, too - went through the trouble of building the source, following the example how to set up the Abdera server.  Then, again ClassCastException (something about FOMExtensible Object) - this time I didn't see any indications of wrong URLs and tried to dig through the code to figure it out, however ,  I'm not quite as advanced in Java as you I got lost the more I dug.

Dan Diephouse <da...@mulesource.com> wrote: M Harris wrote:
> I am seeing a lot of errors in the examples and possibly the Abdera code itself.  It seems that the links for edit entry are not being returned correctly (links with two feed in the path instead of one, adding an edit link during update but not removing the previous one).
>
> Is there a working example somewhere?
>

> ---------------------------------
> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.  Try it now.

I haven't seen any such issues. Can you please be more specific? Which
example?

Dan

--
Dan Diephouse