Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Vladimir Prus <gh...@cs.msu.su> on 2005/01/17 06:50:07 UTC

Symlinks with russian letters don't work

[Originally posted to users@, resending this to dev@ per Karl's request]

Hello, it seems like symlinks with Russian letters can't be committed at the
moment. I'm using svn, version 1.1.1 (r11581), from the Debian package..

Here's a sequence of commands which lead to an error.

$ svnadmin create /tmp/repo
$ mkdir test
$ cd test
$ touch a
$ svn import . file:///tmp/repo -m "Import"
Adding         a

Committed revision 1.
ghost@zigzag:/tmp/x/test$ cd ..
ghost@zigzag:/tmp/x$ rm -rf test
ghost@zigzag:/tmp/x$ svn co file:///tmp/repo test
A  test/a
Checked out revision 1.
$ cd test
$ ln -s a линк
$ svn add линк
A         линк
ghost@zigzag:/tmp/x/test$ svn ci -m "Added link"
Adding         линк
Transmitting file data .svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: Can't read contents of link: No such file or directory

The "линк" is a russian word. It's typed in the local encoding (KOI8-R) and
the LC_CTYPE environment variable is LC_CTYPE=ru_RU.KOI8-R, which is correct.

Any ideas what's going on?

Looking at the code, I suspect that there's missing call to the
'svn_path_cstring_from_utf8' function in the svn_io_read_link, but I'm not
sure about it.

- Volodya

Re: Symlinks with russian letters don't work

Posted by Vladimir Prus <gh...@cs.msu.su>.
Philip Martin wrote:

> Vladimir Prus <gh...@cs.msu.su> writes:
>
>> Hello, it seems like symlinks with Russian letters can't be committed at
>> the moment. I'm using svn, version 1.1.1 (r11581), from the Debian
>> package..
>
> I think this was fixed on the trunk last year, see r11359 and r11358.

Thanks. I've tried with HEAD version and the problem is gone. Any idea when
this fix will make into released version?

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@codematters.co.uk>.

--
Philip Martin