Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Tannu Agarwal <ta...@us.ibm.com> on 2010/05/31 10:07:06 UTC

Application specific log4j issue

Hi,

We are using geronimo Version 2.1.4. We are facing issue when we configure
application specific log4j. We have two applications which get deployed on
Geronimo. When we start the application separate log files gets created for
both the application but all the logs for both the application goes into
one log file log (file which gets created last). In other words, all logs
are written as per the log4j configuration of the application that was
deployed most recently.

Following is the log4j file which we are using in our application:

(See attached file: log4j.properties)

Please help.

Thanks,
Tannu Agarwal

Re: Application specific log4j issue

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On May 31, 2010, at 4:07 AM, Tannu Agarwal wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are using geronimo Version 2.1.4. We are facing issue when we configure application specific log4j. We have two applications which get deployed on Geronimo. When we start the application separate log files gets created for both the application but all the logs for both the application goes into one log file log (file which gets created last). In other words, all logs are written as per the log4j configuration of the application that was deployed most recently.

Hi Tannu,
Have a look at https://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/configuring-application-specific-logging-with-log4j.html

--kevan