Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by sp...@ilse.nl on 2006/01/18 23:59:35 UTC

[users@httpd] AddHandler/AddType in

Hello all,

I'm migrating from the old days to 2.2 and I have a problem getting my old .html-files parsed by PHP 5.1 using the usual settings in <VirtualHost> in httpd-vhosts.conf.

As I have understood from the documentation the AddType/AddHandler directive is valid in the <VirtualHost> context and should override settings from the mime-file. Unfortunately neither of them seem to work.

If I change the AddType to include .html files in the general config file all gets parsed exquisitely.

There's nothing in the error_log, and all configtests run smoothly.

If anybody has a clue or is able to reproduce this problem please let me know!

Here's the dummy example adapted to my settings:

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerAdmin webmaster@dummy-host.example.com
    DocumentRoot /www/docs/dummy-host.example.com
    ServerName dummy-host.example.com
    ServerAlias www.dummy-host.example.com
    ErrorLog logs/dummy-host.example.com-error_log
    AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .html .php3
</VirtualHost>

TIA

Marko.

Re: [users@httpd] AddHandler/AddType in

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 1/18/06, spamvanger@ilse.nl <sp...@ilse.nl> wrote:

> As I have understood from the documentation the AddType/AddHandler directive is valid in the <VirtualHost> context and should override settings from the mime-file. Unfortunately neither of them seem to work.

No, directives in <VirtualHost> only override directives placed in the
*same context* outside <VirtualHost>.  So a <Directory /a/b/c> inside
a <VirtualHost> will override the same container outside a
<VirtualHost>, but directives placed in <Directory /a/b/c> will always
override directives placed in the bare <VirtualHost> outside any other
section.

Joshua.