Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Weaver, Scott" <Sw...@rippe.com> on 2002/12/31 18:45:25 UTC

RE: Using 1.4-b3, stuck with Tomcat 4.0.3, and I am getting NoNoC lassDefFoundError: org/w3c/dom/ls/DocumentLS

What version of the JDK is Tomcat running under?  If it is 1.4.x, you should be able run without either of the xerces' jar files, as they are part of the JDK 1.4.x.  I have seen problems when running in a 1.4.x tomcat environment and having the xerces' jars in your webapp's lib directory.

You should check and make sure your provider, if running under 1.4.x, is using the LE version of Tomcat, which excludes the xerces' jars from the common/lib directory in Tomcat.

Scott