Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org> on 2002/12/01 02:16:08 UTC

Re: [PROPOSAL] a clazz act

Gary Shea wrote:

>Hi Steve --
>
>I have been studying the JMI/MOF stuff recently, just starting to get a
>feel for it.  Seems to me clazz and JMI have a lot in common.

Yep.

>What are
>the distinguishing features that make clazz more interesting for this
>application?

Several observations:

  (a) It is here and now and I don't see any problems in
      dealing with JMI/MOF interoperability in the future
  (b) The [clazz] package is a much more pragmatic approach
      driven by implemetation requirements.  JMI covers a lot
      more space - basically a Java API to MOF - and MOF is a
      much bigger animal.
  (c) [clazz] offers a small and direct API
  (d) [clazz] comes under Apache license

But I should make it clear that I'm not a MOF fan. Now considering that
most of guys on the JNI team know me - I'm sure this email will get to
one of more of them and they will ask for an explination - and the
answer will can summed up on one work - *heavy*, both technically and
politically.

:-)

Cheers, Steve.

>Regards,