Posted to user@poi.apache.org by kumar <Va...@nielsen.com> on 2011/02/28 21:28:25 UTC

Writing a workbook in jsp page.

Hi,

Iam not able to write workbook in jsp page as
HSSFWorkBook.write(outputstream) is not taking JspWriter object out as
parameter.

Here is my code snippet.

                String reportName=request.getParameter("reportName");
		String dataKey=request.getParameter("dataKey");
		// Get the data to download
		//String[] results = (String[]) session.getAttribute(dataKey);
		HSSFWorkbook wb	=	(HSSFWorkbook)session.getAttribute(dataKey);
		//Re-gain memory
		session.removeAttribute(dataKey);
		response.setContentType("application/vnd.ms-excel");
		response.setHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment;
filename="+reportName+".xls");
		OutputStream outs = response.getOutputStream();
		wb.write(outs);

Iam getting the below error.
getOutputStream() has already been called for this response

If I use jsp implicit object out, then my jsp is not compiled and saying
duplicate local variable out

Is there any way to get rid of this problem.