Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Brett Sanger <br...@email1.dss.state.va.us> on 2002/11/14 17:45:25 UTC

redirecting outside the Content handler

I have a few AccessHandlers that I'd like to redirect the user to the
correct page to get access if they don't have it.  I tried
ErrorDocuments, but I have multiple layers of authentication, and
ErrorDocuments won't cascade.  So I'm looking at switching the
ContentHandler.  internal_redirect() won't work, since it only works as
intended inside the content handler.  Can I just override the currently
expected ContentHandler?  How would I do that?

Re: redirecting outside the Content handler

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.

Brett Sanger wrote:
> I have a few AccessHandlers that I'd like to redirect the user to the
> correct page to get access if they don't have it.  I tried
> ErrorDocuments, but I have multiple layers of authentication, and
> ErrorDocuments won't cascade.  So I'm looking at switching the
> ContentHandler.  internal_redirect() won't work, since it only works as
> intended inside the content handler.  Can I just override the currently
> expected ContentHandler?  How would I do that?

$r->internal_redirect_handler()

HTH

--Geoff