Posted to muse-dev@ws.apache.org by "Springer, Ian P." <ia...@hp.com> on 2004/12/03 03:53:21 UTC

Proposal to cut a beta release of Muse

I propose that we cut a beta release of Muse 0.5. The main purpose is to
get a dist out there that people can download and play with, comment on,
etc. IMO, having to check the code out of SVN and build via Maven is too
high a barrier of entry for many potential users. The code base is in a
fairly mature state, having undergone, within HP, five iteration
releases, as well as real use by several engineering teams. It is a full
self-contained impl of MuWS 0.5 (i.e. impls of WSRF 1.1 and WSN 1.1 are
bundled).

A preliminary cut of what the release will look like is available for
perusal at http://www.apache.org/~ips/muse/.

Please respond to this email with your opinion on whether or not we
should cut a release (use the Apache voting system described at
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/decisions.html).

Thanks!
--Ian

Re: Proposal to cut a beta release of Muse

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Ian,

Quick browse and found 1 problem. You need to add a LICENSE file for
EVERY JAR in the zip. For example a commons-discovery.LICENSE for
commons-discovery.jar. Note that this is irrespective of whether the
jar is from Apache or not.

thanks,
dims