Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Gurumustuk Singh Khalsa <gm...@khalsa.com> on 2000/11/21 20:32:10 UTC

mod_perl for NT when using another Web server other than Apache.

Hi there... I was just wondering if any of you know of a way to use mod_perl on NT using another webserver other than Apache. I am running the Lotus Domino web server and currently have the latest ActivePerl installed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sincerely, Gurumustuk Singh Khalsa

e-mail gmustuk@khalsa.com
 Sikhnet         - http://www.Sikhnet.com
 SikhSeek      - http://www.SikhSeek.com
 Matrimonials  - http://www.SikhMatrimonials.com
 Free E-mail    - http://www.Sikhnet.com/email

SikhNet - http://www.SikhNet.com
Matrimonials - http://SikhMatrimonials.com
Free e-mail: http://www.SikhNet.com/email
I-Sikh: http://sikhnet.com/s/ISikhMessenger

Re: mod_perl for NT when using another Web server other than Apache.

Posted by David Hodgkinson <da...@hodgkinson.org>.
Matthew Byng-Maddick <mb...@colondot.net> writes:

> On Tue, 21 Nov 2000, Gurumustuk Singh Khalsa wrote:
> > Hi there... I was just wondering if any of you know of a way to use
> > mod_perl on NT using another webserver other than Apache. I am running
> > the Lotus Domino web server and currently have the latest ActivePerl
> > installed.
>
> No. Mod_perl is heavily tied into the Apache API. I don't know whether
> Domino supports ISAPI, but someone I know was looking into the prospect of
> writing a mod_perl for ISAPI. Perhaps you should be looking more in that
> direction?

How about putting a proxy on the front and running a mod_perled
Apache? How hairy could that get?

Depends how "integrated" the perl has to be with the Domino guts I
guess...

--
Dave Hodgkinson,                             http://www.hodgkinson.org
Editor-in-chief, The Highway Star           http://www.deep-purple.com

Re: mod_perl for NT when using another Web server other than Apache.

Posted by Matthew Byng-Maddick <mb...@colondot.net>.
On Tue, 21 Nov 2000, Gurumustuk Singh Khalsa wrote:
> Hi there... I was just wondering if any of you know of a way to use
> mod_perl on NT using another webserver other than Apache. I am running
> the Lotus Domino web server and currently have the latest ActivePerl
> installed.

No. Mod_perl is heavily tied into the Apache API. I don't know whether
Domino supports ISAPI, but someone I know was looking into the prospect of
writing a mod_perl for ISAPI. Perhaps you should be looking more in that
direction?

> Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Not much that anyone can do, unfortunately.

MBM

--
Matthew Byng-Maddick   Home: <mb...@colondot.net>  +44 20  8981 8633  (Home)
http://colondot.net/   Work: <ma...@codix.net> +44 7956 613942  (Mobile)