Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Dong Lin <li...@gmail.com> on 2021/10/15 06:10:33 UTC

[VOTE] FLIP-174: Improve the WithParam interface

Hi all,

We would like to start the vote for FLIP-174: Improve the WithParam
interface [1]. This FLIP was discussed in this thread [2].

The goal of this FLIP is to improve the experience of defining, saving and
ML repo。

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours, following the consensus voting
process.

Thanks!
Dong Lin and Zhipeng Zhang

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=181311361
[2]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/re56b61ec0a4a20dadea8f4fe757b8baf94f2eb42b1044e9dd003bf23%40%3Cdev.flink.apache.org%3E

Re: Re: [VOTE] FLIP-174: Improve the WithParam interface

Posted by Dong Lin <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi everyone,

We would like to update WithParams::set(...) to throw an
IllegalArgumentException if the given Param instance is not defined on the
WithParams instance.

The reason is that there is no use-case where users will want to set a
parameter that is not defined on the WithParams instance. And by making
this limitation, the save/load implementation could be simpler as it does
not need to store the entire Param definition (including validator) which
can not be expressed as a json string.

Please let us know if you have any suggestions on the proposed changes.

Thanks!
Dong

Posted by Dong Lin <li...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dian Fu <di...@gmail.com>.