Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nikolic Branislav <ni...@niki.at> on 2001/08/01 01:02:37 UTC

AW: Tomcat-Solaris-JSP doesn't work.

UNSUBSCRIBE!!!

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Bokin, Vadim D. [mailto:VBOKIN@logicon.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 31. Juli 2001 23:53
An: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Betreff: Tomcat-Solaris-JSP doesn't work.

<sorry if you get this 2nd time.  It's my first time posting.>

Here's my system:  Solaris 8, Tomcat 3.2.3.  Trying to get a simple JSP page
to work (tomcat examples, or my own).  What happens is that the browser
never moves on, but in the tomcat directory  $TOMCAT_HOME/work, there
generates a HUGE java file, named "_0002F...name of theJSPfile.....dot.java"
that contains normal headings and then the FIRST line of my JSP file
repeated OVER AND OVER in an out.println("First line of my code") statement.
And this file will get as big as it's allowed by HD space (in gigabites).
If I stop tomcat, it stops filling up.

Problem 1) How do I get JSP pages to work
             2) How to prevent this *.java file from getting bloated.  The 2
are probably related.

>>From the tomcat examples page, the "Servlets" work, but "JSP" don't.  I
have
tools.jar, and all the other *.jar files in the classpath. I've also started
the Apache server before and after starting tomcat.  I'm out of ideas.

Thanks for any help!