Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by "Faidt, Klaus" <Kl...@gft.com> on 2001/04/30 17:22:43 UTC

No Deserializer found

Hi,
starting to explore SOAP, I'm stuck while trying to get objects to the
server and back. Does someone have a tip on what I'm missing?

If the server gets a simle request and returns an object of class MyData,
the information listed by the TCP Tunnel/Monitor looks all fine, but the
client throws the following exception:

SOAP-ENV:Client, No Deserializer found to deserialize a
'urn:my-encoding:MyData' using encoding style
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'.

class MyData should be handled with the BeanSerializer class, as displayed
by the Soap administration tool:

[TypeMapping
encodingStyle=http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/,elementType=urn:my-e
ncoding:MyData,javaType=de.xyz..cs.MyData,java2XMLClassName=org.apache.soap.
encoding.soapenc.BeanSerializer,xml2JavaClassName=org.apache.soap.encoding.s
oapenc.BeanSerializer]
[TypeMapping
encodingStyle=http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/,elementType=urn:my-e
ncoding:Date,javaType=java.util.Date,java2XMLClassName=org.apache.soap.encod
ing.soapenc.BeanSerializer,xml2JavaClassName=org.apache.soap.encoding.soapen
c.BeanSerializer]

soap.jar,  is in classpath (for BeanSerializer class),
xerces.jar is at the beginning of the classpath (at Windows NT level). The
client is an applet running in MS IE 5.5
. is in the classpath, tomcat is running from the application's root
directory (where de is).

If the client request already contains an object parameter, the server
returns the same exception in its faultstring.

The software environment of the server is
Servlet-Engine: Tomcat Web Server/3.1 (JSP 1.1; Servlet 2.2; Java 1.2.2;
Windows NT 4.0 x86; java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.)
I'm using SOAP 2.0 and Xerces 1.2.3

but the client uses Java 1.3.0_01

Does using different JDK versions lead to difficulties or should I upgrade
to newer libraries?

At quite another computing environment I've used JDK 1.3.0_02 with the
server and the client. There SOAP worked well with a tutorial Invoice object
as a parameter and as a result. But with a result of type MyData the same
exception was thrown. How could I get hints about possible problems with
class MyData?

Thank you