Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Henrich Kraemer <he...@us.ibm.com> on 2006/03/16 20:21:09 UTC

HttpClient 3.0 dependencies

The dependencies of HttpClient 3.0 are: (
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/dependencies.html)

commons-codec jar 1.2
commons-logging jar 1.0.3

Now the lates releases of these components are:
commons-codec: 1.3
commons-logging:  1.0.4 and 1.1

Is the expectation that one can use HttpClient 3.0 with the newer jars
versions? In particular commons-codec 1.3 and commons-logging 1.0.4?

Thanks Henrich

Re: HttpClient 3.0 dependencies

Posted by Henrich Kraemer <he...@us.ibm.com>.

Now I found the versioning guidelines:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/releases/versioning.html

>From that I understand that version 1.3 is a minor release revision of
version 1.2, which is at least external interface compatible. Oleg's reply
indicates that HttpClient 3.0 is solely dependent on these external
interfaces.

Are all common components such that they consume only external interfaces
of their dependent components? If not is this captured anywhere?

Thanks
Henrich

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.