Posted to wsif-user@ws.apache.org by Roberto Podesta' <ro...@dist.unige.it> on 2004/10/22 13:39:55 UTC

Re: Query (fwd)

Hi,
  I the past I tried exploring how WSIF can be combined in grid Computing.
Actually, I was interested to understand how Web Service could have been
used in a high performance distributed scenario. The main issue regards
the SOAP performance poor level, due to the heavy XML information
encoding. WSIF is the only framework that implements the concept of "Web Services sans SOAP".
>From this point of view, is very interesting the Java binding offered by
WSIF, because it nullifies the information encoding.
Also I implemented a binding based on the XDR coding running directly on
top of TCP. However, such binding was limited to primitive numeric types
and arrays but it run well.
It is important to notice that the WSIF adoption includes the dynamic
handling of the WSDL document that implies a not negligible overhead at
the set-up time of the client routine. I defined a sort of stub model
(only for the Java and XDR binding) to skip the parsing too.
I wrote a couple of papers about the tcp-xdr binding.
Unfortunately, I had to change my research target some months ago and now
I have very little time to spent for improve my binding and make it
feasible like contribution to the official WSIF distribution.

R.

--
Roberto Podesta' - Ph.D. Student at University of Genoa
Department of Communication, Computer and System Sciences (DIST)