Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by ph...@free.fr on 2015/04/03 17:19:53 UTC

Problem with line annotation

Hello,

I can't make line annotations work. Here's my code.

private void createAnnotation(PDPage pdPage) throws IOException {

		PDAnnotationLine line = new PDAnnotationLine();
		float[] floatArray = { 30f, 700f, 204f, 700f };
		line.setLine(floatArray);

		PDGamma colourRed = new PDGamma();
		colourRed.setR(1);

		line.setColour(colourRed);
		BoundingBox box = new BoundingBox(0f, 750f, 0f, 750f);
		PDRectangle rect = new PDRectangle(box);
		line.setRectangle(rect);
		line.setPage(pdPage);

	}

In the generated PDF with a text editor, there isn't any /Type Annot command.

Many thanks.

Philippe

Re: Problem with line annotation

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Hi,

There's no connection between the page and the annotation object. Please
look at the AddAnnotations example, that one does this:

List<PDAnnotation> annotations = page.getAnnotations();

annotations.add(...)

There may be more... in your next post, please mention the version.

Tilman