Posted to dev@hama.apache.org by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org> on 2011/06/21 14:34:57 UTC

PageRank hang

Hi,

I talked w/ thomas about HAMA-395 on twitter,

Thomas Jungblut:
@eddieyoon the main problem is that I can't figure it out why. The BSP
method finishes and written out the complete results. But no cleanup
13 minutes ago in reply to eddieyoon from web

And, I'm reply to hama-dev@ so that we can share about this.

As mentioned http://incubator.apache.org/hama/docs/r0.2.0/ApacheHama-0.2_UserGuide.pdf,
The BSP job will be finished only when all the processes have no more
local and outgoing queue entries and all processes are done, or killed
by the user.

Hence, you have to clear all queues manually after escape from main while loop.

+    // Clears all queues entries.
+    peer.clear();
+    // finally save the chunk of pageranks
+    PageRankBase.savePageRankMap(peer, conf, lastTentativePagerank);
+    LOG.info("Finished with iteration " + iteration + "!");

HAMA-395-v9.patch fixes that problem, and works well on my test cluster. :)

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
@eddieyoon

Re: PageRank hang