Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Hugues Marilleau <hu...@xenon.medisite.net> on 2000/09/15 19:01:58 UTC

Re: Converting to using Cocoon

On Fri, Sep 15, 2000 at 01:03:57PM -0400, Rick Castello wrote :

> I'm in the process of migrating pages from .shtml to XML and XSL
> with Cocoon.
>
> This will be a long process, however.
> I'd like to serve up the old content, while working on moving to
> the new format.
>
> Is there a way to tell Cocoon how to serve up .shtml files?
> Can it keep the #includes?

I don't know what webserver you are using, but with Apache, Cocoon is
usually configured to handle only .xml files. So all the other files
(.html, .shtml, .cgi) are handled with Apache, so you can keep an old
web site and migrate to XML in the same time. I think you can do it with
other HTTP servers also, if your HTTP server is not too lame. Or you can
switch to Apache ;)

> Help MUCH appreciated!

Hope this help.

Re: Converting to using Cocoon

Posted by Hugues Marilleau <hu...@xenon.medisite.net>.
On Fri, Sep 15, 2000 at 01:14:11PM -0400, Rick Castello wrote :

> I'm just using Tomcat, and running it on port 80.
> Tomcat handles .html files just fine.
>
> Do I need to run Apache in addition to Tomcat and Cocoon
> in order to get the .shtml file support?

If Tomcat doesn't handle .shtml (and I don't think this is the case),
you will need Apache. But this is a Tomcat problem, not a Cocoon one now :)

Re: Converting to using Cocoon