Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2005/10/14 18:51:51 UTC

Re: svn commit: r321076 - /spamassassin/trunk/build/mkrules

Re: svn commit: r321076 - /spamassassin/trunk/build/mkrules

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 09:51:51AM -0700, Justin Mason wrote:
> couldn't/shouldn't you just use "make" instead of calling build/mkrules
> directly?   (after all there may be other stuff that "make" builds.)

I can see that argument.  However, since it's never been necessary before,
and the only thing "make" would do for me right now is run "mkrules",
it's easier to just run mkrules manually.  Though I suppose I could do:

if [ -f Makefile ]; then
  make distclean > /dev/null
fi
svn up
perl Makefile.PL < /dev/null > /dev/null
make > /dev/null

which would generally work though the distclean complains a lot:

$ make distclean > /dev/null
Not in MANIFEST: rules/10_default_prefs.cf
Not in MANIFEST: rules/20_advance_fee.cf
Not in MANIFEST: rules/20_body_tests.cf
Not in MANIFEST: rules/20_compensate.cf
Not in MANIFEST: rules/20_dnsbl_tests.cf
[...]

I'm guessing that's a side issue with "distclean" not actually removing the
files under rules/ which is a bug imo.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
You tell 'em Skyscraper, You have more than one story.