Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Sunil P.S." <su...@infy.com> on 2001/06/14 07:39:57 UTC

Doubt in I18N

Is there anything extra to be done for application to work in other
languages. The docs says that it is same as JDK internationalization
and we have to just modify the web.xml and pass the properties file as
init paramter to the ActionServlet.

Is there anything extra to be done in the code????

-sunil.

Re: Doubt in I18N

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Thu, 14 Jun 2001, Sunil P.S. wrote:

> Is there anything extra to be done for application to work in other
> languages. The docs says that it is same as JDK internationalization
> and we have to just modify the web.xml and pass the properties file as
> init paramter to the ActionServlet.
>
> Is there anything extra to be done in the code????

If you are using <bean:message> to display internationalized messages (or
the appropriate calls to the application's MessageResources object in your
Actions), you don't have to make any code changes to work in multiple
languages -- just add your properties files for the messages in each
appropriate language.  This works well as long as all of the languages can
be displayed in the same character encoding -- if you need different
encodings for different languages, you may need to organize your app
differently.

> -sunil.

Craig McClanahan