Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2014/09/30 18:51:09 UTC

NOTICE: Seeking Moderators for java-user@lucene

Hey folks,

I was on facation for the psat 7 days - 6 days ago someone sent an email
directly to the java-user moderator list asking for subscription help and
never got any response -- indicating that all of our other list moderators
are either no longer active, or just happened to be on vacation the exact
same time as me.

In anyase: time for another round of "Do you want to be a moderator?"

Being a moderator is really easy, details of what's involved posted
here...

...in general, being a good moderator typically requires ~30 seconds of
work a day skimming emails and occasionally hitting reply (usually blank
replies to the automated system, occasionally a reply with a link to the
unsubscribe info page)

If you would like to be a moderator, or if you are already a moderator and
would like to continue to be a moderator, please reply back to this
message.  If you would like to use an alternative email address for
moderation, please include that address in your reply (else i'll use the
one you send your mail from)

After a few days (probably on friday?) i'll file an infra request to
replace all current moderators with the new list of volunteers.

-Hoss
http://www.lucidworks.com/

Re: NOTICE: Seeking Moderators for java-user@lucene

Posted by Arvind Gupta <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi Hoss

Stay as moderator, will be regular from now onwards

-arvind

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
Yeah, I can be a moderator, for both Lucene and Solr.

-- Jack Krupansky

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: After a few days (probably on friday?) i'll file an infra request to replace
: all current moderators with the new list of volunteers.

Thanks to all our volunteers, watch this jira to know when the change
happens...

Posted by Vineel Yalamarthy <vi...@gmail.com>.
Can I be a moderator. I am an MS student at University of Utah.

Regards
Vineel

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 12:03 PM, Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Please keep me on the list of moderators.  My inattention this past week
> is temporary and non-vacation-related. - Steve
>
> On Sep 30, 2014, at 12:51 PM, Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>
> wrote:
>

> > Hey folks,
> >
> > I was on facation for the psat 7 days - 6 days ago someone sent an email
> directly to the java-user moderator list asking for subscription help and
> never got any response -- indicating that all of our other list moderators
> are either no longer active, or just happened to be on vacation the exact
> same time as me.
> >
> > In anyase: time for another round of "Do you want to be a moderator?"
> >
> > Being a moderator is really easy, details of what's involved posted
> here...

> > ...in general, being a good moderator typically requires ~30 seconds of
> work a day skimming emails and occasionally hitting reply (usually blank
> replies to the automated system, occasionally a reply with a link to the
> unsubscribe info page)
> >

> > If you would like to be a moderator, or if you are already a moderator
> and would like to continue to be a moderator, please reply back to this
> message.  If you would like to use an alternative email address for
> moderation, please include that address in your reply (else i'll use the
> one you send your mail from)
> >
> > After a few days (probably on friday?) i'll file an infra request to
> replace all current moderators with the new list of volunteers.
> >

> > -Hoss
> > http://www.lucidworks.com/

Thanks and Regards,
Venkata Vineel, Student  ,School of Computing
Mobile : +1-385-2109-788

Re: NOTICE: Seeking Moderators for java-user@lucene

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Sure, keep me as a moderator. Sorry, I let the e-mail one slip by.

Erick

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.