Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Jiayu Ji <ji...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/14 05:37:23 UTC

How does mapreduce job determine the compress codec

Hi

I am having this question on how does mapreduce job determine the compress
codec on hdfs. From what I read on the definitive guide (page 86)," the
CompressionCodecFactory provides a way of mapping a filename extension to a
CompressionCodec using its getCodec() method". I did a test with a lzo
compressed file without a lzo extension. However, the mapreduce job was
still able to get the right codec. Does anyone know why? Thanks in advance.

Jiayu

Re: How does mapreduce job determine the compress codec

Posted by Jiayu Ji <ji...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Azurry. That was exactly the thing I want to know.

--
Jiayu (James) Ji,

Cell: (312)823-7393

Re: How does mapreduce job determine the compress codec

Posted by Jiayu Ji <ji...@gmail.com>.

--
Jiayu (James) Ji,

Cell: (312)823-7393

Re: How does mapreduce job determine the compress codec

Posted by Jiayu Ji <ji...@gmail.com>.

--
Jiayu (James) Ji,

Cell: (312)823-7393

Re: How does mapreduce job determine the compress codec

Posted by Jiayu Ji <ji...@gmail.com>.

--
Jiayu (James) Ji,

Cell: (312)823-7393

Re: How does mapreduce job determine the compress codec

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jiayu,

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jiayu,

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jiayu,

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jiayu,

Posted by Jiayu Ji <ji...@gmail.com>.

--
Jiayu (James) Ji,

Cell: (312)823-7393

Re: How does mapreduce job determine the compress codec

Posted by Jiayu Ji <ji...@gmail.com>.

--
Jiayu (James) Ji,

Cell: (312)823-7393

Re: How does mapreduce job determine the compress codec

Posted by Jiayu Ji <ji...@gmail.com>.

--
Jiayu (James) Ji,

Cell: (312)823-7393

Re: How does mapreduce job determine the compress codec

Posted by Jiayu Ji <ji...@gmail.com>.

--
Jiayu (James) Ji,

Cell: (312)823-7393

Re: How does mapreduce job determine the compress codec

Posted by Tao Xiao <xi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tao Xiao <xi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tao Xiao <xi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tao Xiao <xi...@gmail.com>.