Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by ppalthad <pp...@mailbox.syr.edu> on 2005/07/18 23:56:15 UTC

Changing the number of threads to be run at runtime of JMeter

Hi,
I am new to jmeter. I would like to know if we can change the number of
threads at run time. If so let me know in detail as to how it can be done.

Thanks
Pratap

Pratap Palthady
Graduate Student
Computer and Information Science
Syracuse University

Re: Changing the number of threads to be run at runtime of JMeter

Posted by Mark Lybarger <ml...@gmail.com>.
what specifically do you mean by change the number of threads at run time?

there's a wiki post about how to pass in a parameter to a script ( could be
num of threads, or hostname, or whatever) and reference that parameter from
the script:

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-jmeter/JMeterFAQ#head-81e8fdc6d08e5b574a06556f597f788df8ed12fe

it's very usefull for running scripts through ant for instance to get
different results on the different load on your servers.