Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Eugenio Ascoli-Bartoli <eu...@assioma.it> on 2001/02/13 18:47:26 UTC

mod_jk does not work

Hi,
I just installed Tomcat 3.2 (tomcat-3.2.1-1.noarch.rpm from  Falsehope) on a
linux box (mandrake 7.2 - kernel 2.4.0-12mdk)
It works fine on port 8080. I tried to configure it to work with Apache
(Apache-AdvancedExtranetServer/1.3.14 (Linux-Mandrake/2mdk), the one that
comes with Mandrake) , following instructions contained in the html doc
"working with mod_jk" (mod_jk-howto.html).

1. I removed the lines related to mod_jserv from httpd.conf
2. I used the mod_jk.so already compiled that comes with the .rpm
3. I defineed both Ajpv12 and Ajpv13, changing specific lines in server.xml
(in fact they were still in place)
4. I moved mod_jk.conf-auto from the <tomcat-home>/conf  directory to the
directory of httpd.conf. I had only to change the supported protocol from
ajp12 to ajp13, added AddModule mod_jk.c. I also edited manually
workers.properties to follow my actual system configuration (but only for
directory naming and conventions and JVM names)
5. I set up the first part of mod_jk.conf-auto this way:
LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.so
AddModule mod_jk.c

JkWorkersFile /var/tomcat/conf/workers.properties
JkLogFile /var/tomcat/logs/mod_jk.log

#
# Log level to be used by mod_jk
#
JkLogLevel debug

and then included it in httpd.conf

6. I assigned URLs to tomcat with JkMount, e.g.
# The following line mounts all JSP files and the /servlet/ uri to tomcat
#
JkMount /examples/servlet/* ajp13
JkMount /examples/*.jsp ajp13

#
# The following line prohibits users from directly accessing WEB-INF
#
<Location "/examples/WEB-INF/">
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>

#
# The following line prohibits users from directly accessing META-INF
#
<Location "/examples/META-INF/">
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>

And here come the problems:

I start Tomcat from its boot script in /etc/rc.d/init.d. The I start Apache
with the boot script in the same directory.