Posted to users@maven.apache.org by nnrtech <it...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/25 10:07:50 UTC

Maven Repository initial setp error

Hi,

I'm new to Maven.I've setup maven as expaline the doc.I'm trying to setup
the repository using the below command.I modifie the settings.xml file to
change the repository location.

mvn archetype:generate -DgroupId=Maven-Test -DartifactId=sg.gov.frontier
-DarchetypeArtifactId=maven-archetype-quickstart -DinteractiveMode=false

I got the below error.

ERROR] Error resolving version for plugin
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-arche
type-plugin' from the repositories [local
(E:\CrimsonLogic\Projects\MavenLocalRe
po), central (http://192.168.32.32:8081/artifactory/plugins-release),
snapshots
(http://192.168.32.32:8081/artifactory/plugins-snapshot)]: Plugin not found
in a
ny plugin repository -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.plugin.version.PluginVersionResolutionException: Error
resolvin
g version for plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin' from
the
repositories [local (E:\CrimsonLogic\Projects\MavenLocalRepo), central
(http://1
92.168.32.32:8081/artifactory/plugins-release), snapshots
(http://192.168.32.32:
8081/artifactory/plugins-snapshot)]: Plugin not found in any plugin
repository
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.version.internal.DefaultPluginVersionResolver
.selectVersion(DefaultPluginVersionResolver.java:237)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.version.internal.DefaultPluginVersionResolver
.resolveFromRepository(DefaultPluginVersionResolver.java:149)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.version.internal.DefaultPluginVersionResolver
.resolve(DefaultPluginVersionResolver.java:97)

Please help me to resolve the error.

Regards,
NNR.

Re: Maven Repository initial setp error

Posted by nnrtech <it...@gmail.com>.
I've resolved the issue by setting the proxy in settings.xml file.

Re: Maven Repository initial setp error

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
You need to set up your artifactory repo to proxy Maven Central since
your repo does not have any 3rd party content in it.

I would guess that you have not done that.
Maven is complaining that it can not find a plug-in.
You need to make sure that you have defined what you want Maven to use
as a plug-in repo but it does look like you have defined that to be your
repo. This should be OK if your repo is set up correctly.

This is not really a Maven problem, If you run into trouble with the
proxy setup, you may have to get help in the Artifactory forum.

I run Nexus so I am not much help for Artifactory setup issues.

Ron

On 25/07/2012 4:07 AM, nnrtech wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to Maven.I've setup maven as expaline the doc.I'm trying to setup
> the repository using the below command.I modifie the settings.xml file to
> change the repository location.
>
> mvn archetype:generate -DgroupId=Maven-Test -DartifactId=sg.gov.frontier
> -DarchetypeArtifactId=maven-archetype-quickstart -DinteractiveMode=false
>

> I got the below error.
>
> ERROR] Error resolving version for plugin
> 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-arche
> type-plugin' from the repositories [local
> (E:\CrimsonLogic\Projects\MavenLocalRe
> po), central (http://192.168.32.32:8081/artifactory/plugins-release),
> snapshots
> (http://192.168.32.32:8081/artifactory/plugins-snapshot)]: Plugin not found
> in a
> ny plugin repository -> [Help 1]
> org.apache.maven.plugin.version.PluginVersionResolutionException: Error
> resolvin
> g version for plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin' from
> the
> repositories [local (E:\CrimsonLogic\Projects\MavenLocalRepo), central
> (http://1
> 92.168.32.32:8081/artifactory/plugins-release), snapshots
> (http://192.168.32.32:
> 8081/artifactory/plugins-snapshot)]: Plugin not found in any plugin
> repository
>          at
> org.apache.maven.plugin.version.internal.DefaultPluginVersionResolver
> .selectVersion(DefaultPluginVersionResolver.java:237)
>          at
> org.apache.maven.plugin.version.internal.DefaultPluginVersionResolver
> .resolveFromRepository(DefaultPluginVersionResolver.java:149)
>          at
> org.apache.maven.plugin.version.internal.DefaultPluginVersionResolver
> .resolve(DefaultPluginVersionResolver.java:97)
>
> Please help me to resolve the error.
>
> Regards,
> NNR.

Ron Wheeler