Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Leo Sutic <le...@inspireinfrastructure.com> on 2002/09/06 17:28:28 UTC

[(Quick) VOTE] ContextManager.assumeOwnership

Realized that I made the method public by mistake.

    /**
     * Method to assume ownership of one of the managers the
     * <code>ContextManager</code> created.  Ownership means that the
     * <code>ContextManager</code> is responsible for destroying the
     * manager when the <code>ContextManager</code> is destroyed.
     *
>>>  * FIXME: Should this really be public?  Also, we should throw a
>>>  *        NullPointerException instead.
     *
     * @param object  The object being claimed
     *
     * @throws IllegalArgumentException if the object is null.
     */
    public void assumeOwnership( Object o )

Ooops. Not supposed to be public - supposed to be private.

Do we just change it (any code using it deserves to get broken)
or leave it?

+1 for changing access modifier to private.

/LS

RE: [(Quick) VOTE] ContextManager.assumeOwnership

Posted by Leo Sutic <le...@inspireinfrastructure.com>.
Done.

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
+1