Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Rajnish Kumar CHAUHAN <ra...@st.com> on 2018/08/08 06:55:04 UTC

Solr 7.4.0 : Enabling search on all keys by default

Hello team

I am using Solr-7.4.0 and on Solr we application , it is not possible to search on all attributes by default as was the case with Solr-6.4.0

I have to mentioned key name for searching .

How can we enable search on all keys by default.

Thanks.

Rajnish CHAUAHN> | TINA: 199#6133
ICT | MnQ

Re: Solr 7.4.0 : Enabling search on all keys by default

Posted by Andrea Gazzarini <a....@sease.io>.
Hi Rajnish,
yes, you can use a general-generic field (that's the price of having
such "centralization") where, by means of the *copyField* directive, all
fields are copied there.
Then, you can use that field as a default search field (df parameter) in
your RequestHandler.

<field name="catch-all" ..../>
<copyField src="field1" dest="catch-all"/>
<copyField src="field2" dest="catch-all"/>
<copyField src="field3" dest="catch-all"/>

Best,
Andrea