Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Twadell, Daniel M" <Da...@jbosc.ksc.nasa.gov> on 2003/02/26 23:46:38 UTC

RE: RE: maven build fails, jars downloaded from where?

	>>These questions have all been answered before and the answers are
in the
	>>user's guide so RTFM and stop wasting everyone's time.

	nice way to to treat fresh meat...

	I asked the  questions only after RTFM'n and searching mail archives
and not finding an anwser... definitly did not think I was wasting anyones
time.
	why not send a link to the page that explains it, rather than a lame
RTFM.

	what ever happend to "no stupid questions"...

	any way some  feed back from a thick-skined maven newbie

	1: while RTFM the first thing I saw in TFM reference Property
Processing

http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/maven/reference/user-guide.html#Properties
%20Processing
	this describes how maven processes the .properties files

	and default.properties sure looks like it has something to do with
jar file locations....

	Is the default.properties used anymore ?

	2: classpath is not mentioned any where in TFM
	   Maven "repository" vs jar-clumping is explained in
	   http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/maven/start/use.html
	   not in the users guide

	3: the start/use page says non-redistributable jars will tell you
where to download ... this behavior is not present....

	enjoy

	[Twadell, Daniel M]  > <snip src="default.properties">

	> #activation.jar = ${lib.repo}/activation-1.0.2.jar
	> commons-collections.jar = ${lib.repo}/commons-collections-2.0.jar
	> commons-configuration.jar =
${lib.repo}/commons-configuration-1.0-dev.jar
	> commons-lang.jar = ${lib.repo}/commons-lang-0.1-dev.jar
	> ecs.jar = ${lib.repo}/ecs-1.4.1.jar
	> regexp.jar = ${lib.repo}/jakarta-regexp-1.3-dev.jar
	> #jdbc.jar = ${lib.repo}/jdbc2_0-stdext.jar
	> jndi.jar = ${lib.repo}/jndi-1.2.1.jar
	> jta.jar = ${lib.repo}/jta1.0.1.jar
	> log4j.jar = ${lib.repo}/log4j-1.1.3.jar
	> #javamail.jar = ${lib.repo}/mail-1.2.jar
	> </snip>
>  >
> > tia
> > dant

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
"Twadell, Daniel M" <Da...@jbosc.ksc.nasa.gov> wrote on
27/02/2003 09:46:38 AM:

>    1: while RTFM the first thing I saw in TFM reference Property
> Processing

http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/maven/reference/user-guide.html#Properties
> %20Processing
>    this describes how maven processes the .properties files
>
>    and default.properties sure looks like it has something to do with
> jar file locations....

Nope, default.properties is not used.

>    Is the default.properties used anymore ?
>
>    2: classpath is not mentioned any where in TFM
>       Maven "repository" vs jar-clumping is explained in
>       http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/maven/start/use.html
>       not in the users guide

Maven doesn't use your classpath.

>    3: the start/use page says non-redistributable jars will tell you
> where to download ... this behavior is not present....
Yep, it's been removed - bad docs.

If you're looking for where you need to place jars so maven finds them,
you'll need to add them to your local repository, which defaults to
$MAVEN_HOME/repository/<projectName>/jars/<jarname>, and then add a
<dependency> element to your project.xml

--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au