Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Alex Romayev <ro...@yahoo.com> on 2004/06/03 05:45:36 UTC

[cforms] Binding selection-list

Hi,

Is it possible to create a binding for a
selection-list in order to have the item with the
matching value to be selected in the drop-down?

I tried using:

<fb:value id="countries" path="countries"/>,

but it doesn't seem to have any effect.

Cheers,
-Alex

Re: [cforms] Binding selection-list

Posted by Alex Romayev <ro...@yahoo.com>.
> But this does only set the value of the selection
> list, but not the
> selection list entries. If this was what you wanted
> - yes it works :)

That was it, sorry :)

> I thought you wanted to bind the field to a
> collection to get the
> selection list entries.

Ah, I see what you were saying now...

Thanks again,
-Alex

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Alex Romayev <ro...@yahoo.com>.
--- Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de> wrote:
> On 04.06.2004 13:23, Alex Romayev wrote:
>
> > Thanks Joerg,
> >
> > Actually, I found an old post where Ugo was saying
> > that he was going to implement support for this
> > feature, so I've updated to 2.1.5 and it started
> > work!
>
> You mean just by using <fb:value id="countries"
> path="countries"/>?

Sorry, spelling error, it's:
<fb:value id="countries" path="country"/>

So based on one value, one entry gets selected.

-Alex

How

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 04.06.2004 13:23, Alex Romayev wrote:

> Thanks Joerg,
>
> Actually, I found an old post where Ugo was saying
> that he was going to implement support for this
> feature, so I've updated to 2.1.5 and it started to
> work!

You mean just by using <fb:value id="countries" path="countries"/>? How

Posted by Alex Romayev <ro...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Joerg,

http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/forms/binding.html#fb%3Ajavascript

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.